Finding affordable dump truck insurance may seem like a daunting task at first. Although many companies sell insurance for dump trucks, only a few can offer affordable coverage because they have decided to be more competitive in this type of risk. Our agency has been writing dump truck insurance for decades. This dedication and experience has helped give us access to programs that are unmatched in the industry.
California Dump Truck Insurance Program
The Insurance Store is honored to be a specialty partner with Progressive Insurance. We have access to their highly coveted dirt, sand and gravel (DSG) program here in California. This unique dump truck insurance program was designed specifically for insuring these type of risks.
The DSG program offers countless perks such as:
- Discounted pricing (up to 25% lower) compared to other insurance companies.
- Combined deductibles for no additional charge.
- No extra charges for additional insureds.
- Lower down payment options.
- No charge for load spills, overweight or broken windshield claims.
- Superior customer and claims service.
As you can see, there are many perks offered that cater to the dump truck operator.
Many insurance companies are dropping pricing to “compete” with this program, but fail to let the insured know that the coverage is significantly lower as well. In other words, they are not comparing apples with apples but apples with oranges.
Progressive offers many advantages over other insurance companies. They have 24/7 customer support and a claims service that has your best interests in mind. This is all part of the package when you’re insured under the exclusive DSG program from Progressive.
Insurance for Dump Trucks & Aggregate Haulers
Below are trucking related coverages that are available for your dump truck.
- Liability Insurance is required for all dump trucks operating in California and all other states.
- Physical Damage for when your dump truck is damaged in an accident, gets stolen or vandalized.
- Motor Truck Cargo insures the materials being hauled by your dump truck.
- Rental Reimbursement with Downtime – Should you get into an accident and aren’t able to use your dump truck, this helps cover the rental costs and even locating a replacement truck.
You can also rest easy knowing that tarps, covers and other safety equipment attached to your dump truck will be covered by the policy as well.
Get a Dump Truck Insurance Quote
The Insurance Store can create a customized dump truck insurance policy in order to meet your needs. Working with our experienced team, you will deal with someone that knows what they are talking about when it comes to dump trucks. We are familiar with how the dump truck industry works and common terminology used in the business.
Your agent will know the meaning of a Super 10, booster, transfer, belly dump and the like. When it comes to updated laws that affect the industry, your agent has you covered. They can also explain additional risks that you are taking when brokering out loads to independent owner operators. We also make sure that your coverage amounts meet state or federal guidelines before you sign the policy.
We encourage all dump truck operators to give us a call at 800-354-8535 or request a call when convenient for you. Our team looks forward to saving you loads of money on dump truck insurance and serving you for many years to come.