Health and Wellness Program 2018
TIS is implementing a new Health & Wellness Program for 2018. We will offer three challenge categories for our staff – Fitbit, Weight Loss, Monthly Lifestyle Goals. We would like to invite our clients and friends to participate along with us. You can choose to participate in all, some, or none of these programs. As a company, we are focusing on improving our overall health and wellness in the new year.
Challenge #1 – Fitbit – Million-Step Challenge
We want to encourage everyone to get moving in 2018, but we know that everyone needs to work at their own pace. So, we are rewarding our staff members for every million steps taken. We encourage our clients and friends to track your movement and reward yourselves with something that keeps you moving toward your next million-step mark. The main goal is to keep stepping your way to better health.
Challenge #2 – Biggest Loser – Weight-Loss Challenge
We want to help each other shed those extra pounds so that we can all start feeling better and have more energy. We will hold 6 ongoing weight-loss challenges during the year, and each challenge will last 6 weeks. You are invited to join us in setting and tracking your weight-loss goals in 2018.
Weigh-in: January 1
Challenge Ends: February 9
Weigh-in: February 12 – 26
Challenge Ends: April 6
Weigh-in: April 9-23
Challenge Ends: June 1
Weigh-in: June 4-18
Challenge Ends: July 27
Weigh-in: July 30-August 13
Challenge Ends: September 21
Weigh-in: September 24-October 8
Challenge Ends: November 30
Challenge #3 – Lifestyle Goals – Monthly Challenge
Each challenge will begin on the 1st of each month and end on the last day of the month. You can join any monthly challenge you wish, but the best goal would be to participate in everything for better overall health.
The Monthly Challenges will be held as follows:
- January: No soda/sweet drinks for the month
- February: Keep a daily food journal
- March: Exercise 30 minutes per day (5 days per week)
- April: Sugar-free for the month (excluding April 1 – Easter)
- May: No eating after 7 PM
- June: 15 minutes of stretching per day (5 days per week)
- July: Drink at least ½ gallon of water per day
- August: Try 10 new physical activities during the month (2-3 per week)
- September: Eat 2 servings of veggies AND 1 serving of fruit per day
- October: Skip all fast food for the month
- November: No screen time after 9 PM
- December: Get 7 hours of sleep per night
So, we would encourage you to make the decision to prioritize your individual health and wellness in 2018. Good luck, and let’s go!