TIS Team Blog

The Insurance Store is dedicated to providing customers with highest level of service, commitment, friendship and expertise in the industry.

Ice, Ice Baby!

One of the most important components of a homeowners, condo, or renters insurance policy is the personal liability section. This coverage provides protection for accidents you are liable for that occur inside or outside your home and result in bodily injury or property damage

Basically, your homeowner insurance personal liability is there to protect your assets in the event someone is injured in your home or due to a mistake or accident that you cause. It can be a financial lifesaver as medical costs can quickly spiral out of control.

Personal liability insurance comes in a couple of different types:

Bodily injury: This type of liability insurance covers your legal responsibility when someone is injured in or around your home. An example would be someone falling down the stairs in your home or slipping on an icy sidewalk.

Your personal liability covers you when there are claims of negligence that caused the injury or a lawsuit filed due to the incident.

Property damage: This liability type will cover the cost of damage you do to someone else’s property. An example would be if your child throws a baseball through the neighbor’s window and it damages an expensive piece of art. Property damage would pay for both the window and the art piece up to policy limits.