It doesn’t matter if your docked at the marina in Mission Bay, or out in the open ocean off La Jolla, boats and personal watercraft are susceptible to a variety of risks. Whether it’s damage from inclement weather, reckless mariners, or any number of unexpected accidents, it only makes sense that you’d want to keep your boat and passengers protected. The Insurance Store team helps mariners stay afloat by assisting them in finding boat insurance coverages to keep vessels and their owners protected.
Boat Insurance Coverages
Boat insurance policies in California typically include these types of coverage options:
- Total Loss Replacement – Should your vessel ever be declared a total loss, this will pay for a new boat.
- Roadside Assistance provides towing of boat trailer should there be a breakdown while transporting the insured boat or watercraft.
- On-Water Towing – Reimburses you if your boat ever needs to be towed to shore.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal coverage. Without these watercraft insurance coverage’s, you may end up getting stuck with the bill for cleanups and removals.
- Fishing Equipment and Personal Effects coverage for cell phones, cameras, radios and other items that may have been brought on board the insured boat.
Some folks choose to insure their boats on their homeowner’s policy. With that being said, it’s important to know that home owners policies only provide minimal boat insurance coverage. Total loss replacement, personal effects and fuel spills are not covered by your home owners policy in California.
Personal Watercraft Insurance
In addition to boats, The Insurance Store can help you insure personal watercraft (PWC) such as Jet Skis, WaveRunners and Sea-Doo’s. It is vital to ensure your personal watercraft are properly insured before heading out. Nobody knows when an accident will happen.
San Diego Boat Insurance Quotes
Our friendly staff members are here to help you choose the right insurance for your watercraft. Please call us anytime at 800-354-8535 to discuss your boating insurance needs. TIS handles the insurance needs for mariners across Southern California—from San Diego to Encinitas, Oceanside, Lake Elsinore and beyond.